Collaborative network to support youth
The collaborative network to support youth is a welfare network of services cooperating with a view to coordinate and complement agencies’ actions in order to provide services to young people in danger.
The network development objectives are the following:
- Development of an integrated communication and information exchange system to support young people in danger.
- Direct access to services in order to promote better care.
- Scientific identification of the demands and needs of young people in danger.
- Joint education and expertise acquisition of executives of entities.
- Effective planning for joint use of resources.
- Joint planning actions for the immediate cover of needs of young people depending on the type of service that each body can provide.
- Joint participation in prevention programs, providing education and counseling for young people both at a national and transnational level.
- Publication of network activities, organization of public awareness raising activities, activation of the local community and cooperation with volunteer groups.
- Preparation of proposals for integrated programs funding.
- Intervention at a societal level on issues related to young people in danger.
- Development of partnerships with other national and international networks
The network members are bound to act according to the purpose and objectives of the network.
Members of the collaborative network to support youth are the following: ARSIS, National Centre for Social Solidarity, Institute of Child Health, KETHEA-strofi, SOS Children’s Villages, Tzaneio Hospital, Juvenile Probation services in Athens and Piraeus, Chatzikiriakeio Foundation, 18 ANO.
Network for Children’s Rights
The Chatzikiriakeio Foundation participates in the Network for Monitoring the Implementation of International Convention on Children’s Rights curated and animated by the Children’s Ombudsman.
Internship Program Framework
- Cooperation with the Technological Educational Institute of Social Work for 3-month and 6-month student internships
- Collaboration with Harokopio University of Athens for student internships in Domestic Economy
- Collaboration with National and Kapodistrian University of Athens for graduate student internships in School Psychology